Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Anorexic (Hope and Soul Revised)

Mia's black-hole eyes peer into mine
With Her mysterious darkness and beauty
I run to Her brilliant light to see, for I am blind
I jump into Her spindly arms for comfort, for I am alone

She opens her mouth; a vast hole
Wider and wider
Out pours a thick swarm of black bees
Each bee a tear drop of promise,
Each bee stinging me with their mechanical sound

I open my arms wide and Mia starts reshaping
My cream bones replaced with aluminum and steel
My erratic thoughts becoming mechanical and controlled;
Black bees

With tears I see the Others She's left sowed and shaped:
Squirming on the cold concrete
Porcelain faces burnt and seared by her brilliant light
Glass hands cracked and splintered by her spindly arms
Her black bees bite at their cheeks as well

Despite their glistening and sunken eyes
I call for Mia in the dead chilled night
Mia's a crane over me, the bones of steel poke through Her back
She recruits me to the army if the Others
And I march in line, finally perfection
The mechanical buzz loud in our ears

No comments:

Post a Comment