Thursday, August 12, 2010

i love you n

i fell in love with someone at camp
no, not crazy passionate "in" love with someone
but i began to love someone

i couldn't figure out why the hole in my stomach
burned at the edges
why the sore became inflamed when weezer
lazily churned out of my ipod doc

i didn't understand why the lump in my throat
grew and grew into a being on it's own
stretching like a cat up through my palate
down into my trachea
purring with fever

we lazily floated in the water
the sun slashing the skin on our backs with fire fingers
the water propelling us with it's gentle caress
we were free to confess anything we wanted
as time knew not it's name

as the hole burns brighter
as the lump grows bigger
i understand i would rather have known to love with pain
than never to have loved at all

i love you n

No comments:

Post a Comment