Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my sea paradise of teal and night


white beams stream into my eyes, bright and unforgiving
the first chilly breaths stab at my ribs, i am hardly living
with slits for eyes and mouth agape i struggle for the words that will not come
my tongue is dried to the roof of my mouth, my lips sit idly; numb

i hear beeping and smell sharp chemicals far far off; it brings me to this moment
clarity unfogs my slit eyes and creeks open my mouth
like unwinding a rusty hinge, coated in years of dust and grime
reality is moving so fast

the water poured out, gushing blue; the dam broke
sound igniting me like fire
feeling igniting me like wind
i have awoke

as my dream-life escapes me, a fast shard of white hot lightning,
i remember living in the corners of my mind, i was always fighting:

a sea paradise, floating and stretching out around me, everything is quiet
but through the pressure on my ears; my heart bubbles out a riot
the water swims fast pass me but i am suspended forever in teal and night
my body floats alone and i am only a cylinder of light
floating up in slow motion, for until the cylinder breaks through the surface:
i stay sound in my dreams
but things will prove that they are not what they seem

my mind tumbles and swirls through the layers on deep consciousness;
till i hear the small sob of a child dim in the distances
he runs slowly away from me, through the water until only a fragment is seen
i follow and take his hand, as i enclose on it, it turns to black ink, what could this mean?
the ink starts dancing and swaying to the surface of the great deep lake
i look around, the water is eerily quiet and a shiver runs up my spine,
i realize everything around me is fake

the roar of rushing water fills my ears,
and the beeping makes my head throb along to its beat
i clutch my head, still suspended in the water, which around me melts away at my feet
my eyes start to dance with my imagination, faster and faster till lightning strikes me down
and out from beneath comes a roaring bubbling sound

melting clocks, tick loudly around me
i grab at the year-hand but it spins my whole body around; bubbles are all i can see
up is down and down is up;
my reality is my imagination and my imagination is my reality
each hand strikes me at three, three, three...

and as i spin and spin in time with its rotations
the world around me becomes more and more peculiar at each strike of three, to my aggravation

my wonderland:
as i slip back from my awakening again, water the only thing in sight
the only enlightenment i have; my brain isn't screwed on just right

the child with the mild voice and eyes, can be seen in the distance
i follow him again, but my legs melt into the water around me, despite my insistence
i tumble; cartwheel slowly through the water
heavy and thick until i am engulfed in teal and night, reality is slaughtered

the calling of my name becomes dimmer
the cascade of blue caves into my slit eyes, which with one last look at the
child and at the forever melting time; close again, the light not even a shimmer

my body floats away in the water, and i am suspended once more
alone and floating in my sea paradise, somewhere between reality and imagination
somewhere between the beeping and the eerie silence:

somewhere in my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment