Sunday, April 4, 2010

shakespeare makes me want to punch someone in the face

i'm joining theater at my school
i'm actually really exited
i can learn more and more everyday
that's something to look forward to, isn't it?

well everyone tells me the teacher is crazy
and she drains everyones time
but i need someone to drain my time
i have too much time, in my opinion
sure i'm always busy, but with stuff like math and chemistry i.e.,
stuff that "frankly my dear, i don't give a damn" about
(ahh, gone with the wind reference)

so she asked me if i wanted to join beginners theater or advanced theater
i told her advanced, naturally
not because i think im a good actress,
i have absolutely no experience...
except being little independent films that my father and his friends make
and of course high school musical 1 and 2- oh joy!
(i have so much more work to do it's traumatizing to think about it all)
but because i'm ready for something
that will finally challenge me in something i actually care about improving


she then proceeded to give me a list of things i needed to do
i am supposed to learn a monologue and audition for her in two month's time
she suggested shakespeare,
and if you know me you know about how much
shakespeare makes me want to punch someone in the face
(out of fright of acting it-
and frustration of my limited attention span)
maybe i'll do something from a chorus line, i love that play

well, it's a step in the right direction i presume

No comments:

Post a Comment