Thursday, March 11, 2010

catastrophe and the cure

and i was running
sprinting, my heart beating faster and faster
thumping so hard and powerful-
there has never been anything as powerful
as this one heart beat

running
i can feel it
i can see the light
im scaling a mountain
and my legs run on their own
and i follow

and i made it
to the top
o, the view is so beautiful from up here!
come join me
run! before its to late. run!

i stare at our my life below
the car crash, the catastrophe
i realize i don't have the cure
but i cut the cord of doubt
and run

as im here
i pull my face to the sun
and it shines and makes me warm and safe
i lift my arms and stand at the top of the mountain

the breeze entangles my hair behind me
and i open my mouth
and scream
and leave my catastrophe behind

but then the earth's weight crushed my lungs
and clipped my wings
my legs are moving on their own
back down that mountain; the fog covers me
and i scream

i dig my finger nails into the earth
to try to keep me there
but my muscles explode
and i am dragged, pulled, and tangled

like a moth caught in a web
like a guilty child caught in a lie
like a human being caught in sin
like a pig to the slaughter house

i plunge to the foot of the mountain
tears stream my face, black soot down my face
and i look up
just as the sun leaves the sky
just as the sun inches up and up
over that same mountain
and im left in darkness

but i still feel your presence
you wipe my bloody knees and in my ear:
"till tomorrow"
you whisper in the breeze
and i believe you
with i love you on my lips
and hope in my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment