Wednesday, March 10, 2010

explosions in the sky



this is my favorite band.
explosions in the sky.
they create seriously the most beautiful sounds i have every heard.
i love just putting in my earphones, and listening to this music.
every single song develops as you listen it,
creating a mood and a story.

the instrumentals and just takes my breath away
because sometimes it pinpoints exactly how i feel
and runs with it, making my feelings
something i can comprehend in the most beautiful and powerful way:
music.

i have decided i want to write a poem on every single song, and post them
here, one by one. each poem will be inspired by each song.
and just.. i don't know well see how this music ends up inspiring
me more than it already has.

listen to them. i promise you won't be disappointed.
songs:
catastrophe and the cure
it's natural to be afraid
welcome, ghosts
the birth and the death of the day
remember me as a time of day
six days at the bottom of the ocean
first breath after a coma (which i named my blog after)
snow and lights
glittering blackness
magic hours
time stops
memorial
so long, so lonesome
look into the air
a song for our fathers
your hand in mine
the only moment we were alone

No comments:

Post a Comment