Tuesday, March 9, 2010

hope and soul to ash

my friend Mia greeted me recently,
her words rang (and still ring) through my head,
throwing back all the promises i had said.

Mia asked me to follow her,
to finally let go, and be free,
to open my eyes, and see what we could be.

but i hesitated and stopped in my tracks;
frightened, that if i follow i might never come back.
but she noticed i was still enticed through the fear so:
she grabbed me, with her long spindly arms, and started stripping me of everything i lacked.

she opened her mouth, a huge black hole, wider and wider.
out came a thick swarm of black bees, buzzing around me with their mechanical sound.

she then attacked my two close friends named Soul and Worth;
bit holes in their rosy pink cheeks, stripped them as well, until they gave in.

Mia reshaped them, replacing their cream bones with aluminum and steel.
she started sowing their pretty red lips shut with a rusty needle and thick thread;
the red crimson blood poured down their porcelain chins, until they couldn't scream.
but they would never scream, convinced the danger of Mia was all in their head.

my beautiful Soul and Worth squirmed on the cold concrete.
their porcelain faces burnt and seared,
their glass hands cracked and splintered,
Mia's chains cut into their skin,
the darkest place, they feared.

their eyes were sunken and glistening black,
as they curved and huddled for warmth,
the bones of steel poked through their backs.

they waited for the warmth the could never come,
instead the coldest wet air slothfully crawled into their lungs;
and took them from within.
it dawned on them (and me), the song of Soul and Worth would never be sung.

Mia knew this was the end, laughed, and went in for the kill;
i closed my eyes and all i heard whas the sharp high screams, so loud and shrill.

Mia took me above to look down and the sickening scene,
she smiles and winked and said, "follow me?"
i looked down at my Soul and Worth,
and i knew it was a sick masochistic lie.
but i still agreed, my heart beating fast, and joined Soul and Worth,
on the cold concrete, shriveled to ash, and died.

No comments:

Post a Comment